Divatude: What is it and how can I get some?
Do I have Divatude?
I don’t really think so.
But it probably depends upon what you mean when you say those terms.
And it probably depends who is saying it.
And it probably depends on the circumstances.
So, you know, maybe I actually *AM* all those things, to some degree.
Not likely – but let’s test these waters and see what plays out.
Divatude: WTF is it?
I meant to start it in May. And then I meant to start it in June. And then July.
You see where I’m going with this.
I love challenges.
I just have a difficult time actually doing them. It’s that whole following through issue we discussed a while back.
But this particular challenge keeps calling me back. It falls under my #1 Personal Commandment that Happy is a Choice – a choice we must keep making, on a daily basis, moment to moment, if we are to achieve any sort of personal joy.
Which means doing the work of choosing, over and over again, to try to be happy. One could say I am Driven to find inner peace. It’s a process. Which is fine – the journey is more important than the destination, in this particular case.
31 Days of Embracing Your Divatude:
Being Driven, Inspiring, Victorious, and called to Action!
I’ve been stuck at Day #1 for months now, since I can’t quite muster up the enthusiasm to hit Day #2. And it sucks, because Day #1 is easy-peasy:
“Make a commitment to dedicate time each day to focusing on your Divatude!”
So every couple weeks I’m like,
“I’m on this! Today is Day #1! I totes commit to that shiz!”
And then Day #2 rolls around and I forget to be enthusiastic and Life happens and suddenly it’s midnight and I have accomplished ZERO things, having meant to do ALL the things.
This time around, when I decided to buckle down and make the commitment For Realz, I decided that instead of just saying aloud,
“I commit to the 31-day Divatude challenge!”
… or writing it in my journal for the five-hundredth time, I wanted to take a further look at what it actually means to be Driven, Inspiring, Victorious, and called to Action.
What it means to be Driven:
- Compelled to succeed or excel
- Striving vigorously toward a goal
- Wholehearted determination
- AN INNER URGE PROPELLING ONE FORWARD
- Energy, ambition, initiative, motivation
- A strong tendency or instinct
What it means to be Inspiring:
- Filled with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence
- Arousing feelings and thoughts in others
- Having an influencing effect
- To ignite animation and drive
- Exerting or stimulating a beneficial effect
- To invigorate, instigate
- BREATHING LIFE INTO OTHERS
What it means to be Victorious:
- Winning, conquering, triumphant
- Defeating an adversary, opposition, or difficulty
- SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME OF A STRUGGLE
- Ultimate and decisive superiority
What it means to be called to Action:
- Having a sense of urgency to do something
- Prompted or urged to immediate response
- PROVOKED OR COMPELLED TO PERFORM
- Conscious or habitual conduct
- The need to begin or start some deed
What Divatude means to me in a nutshell:
- Successfully and enthusiastically living and giving.
I think I have a new mantra. A new question to ask myself daily or whenever I get stuck:
Am I successfully and enthusiastically living and giving?
How I answer that question determines the next step I take in any given circumstance. And boy, does it clarify all my positive thinking and affirmations and Personal Commandments and self-help junk into one simple statement.
Even if I never get to Step #2, I’m already benefiting just from having put some extra effort into Step #1.
Do you have Divatude?
- What does Divatude mean to you?
- Does my interpretation seem right, or do you think I’m way off target?
- Have you ever heard of or participated in this challenge?
- What are your thoughts on being Driven, Inspiring, Victorious, and called to Action?