Yeah, I said it. “Hate”. I know, I know, it’s a very strong word and I should be careful how I use it because blah-blah-blah. But I could say “strongly dislike” just as easily and it would mean the same thing only with more wordage. So I’m gonna stick with “hate”, and we can both agree that I pretty much mean it.
1. When someone distracts me while I’m writing. I have zero ability to multitask (a future blog on this lovely topic forthcoming), so whatever I am working on pulls all my focus. My husband constantly bugs me to “Come look at this, Babe!” or asks me, “What are you writing about, Darling?” or reminds me, “Hey, I need clean undies for tomorrow so can you run a load of laundry?” I snap at him. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Which is ugly because he is really great and of course doesn’t deserve that treatment so then I have to apologize and explain for the millionth time, “I’m working over here!”
2. When someone walks up behind me and I don’t hear it, and since I’m so immersed in what I’m doing, I freak out and jump out of my seat and crack my patella on the desk and flip the computer across the room while shrieking.
3. The movie Broke Back Mountain — not because of the gay stuff, which I’m totally fine with, but because the script was stupid and the music was overly dramatic. For movies with homosexual themes, I much prefer Milk, or Boys on the Side, or every episode of Glee. But Broke Back — dude, that movie sucked!
4. Zombies, for all the obvious reasons.
5. When people remind me that zombies aren’t real. I know they aren’t real. They’re still freaking scary as all hellz.
***BTW, Afghans possess magical healing properties.***
(Regardless of what my hubz says. He doesn’t know.)
8. Horses. Which makes my daughter very sad. But look at their faces — don’t they resemble aliens to some degree? They watch things and have this knowing glance about them that makes me think they know just a bit too much, thank you.
9. Any book by Danielle Steel. And really all other romance novels. You may like them, and if so, that’s fine by me — you can have my share because I think they seriously suck. More than Broke Back Mountain even. She is my inspiration for writing a novel. If she can get that shit published, surely that’s proof of my abilities.
10. When the ceiling fan above my desk gets so dusty that I just know if I turn it on, the bunnies will fall all over me. Do I get up to clean it? Hellz no. I’m writing. When my book is published someday, I shall hire a maid.
This list is obviously just a starter piece. I could think of many other hate-ish kinds of things. But my afghan wants me. Goodbye, then. Be a love and shut off the light, would you? Don’t forget to leave your list of hates by the door, or in the comments.